When you think of the biggest names in Sci-Fi, Mark Hamill would be high on any list. So for him to be only one of the major cast members of Squadron 42 says a lot about how amazing the cast of this game is.
Hamill’s relationship with Chris Roberts spans back to the days of Wing Commander. When he was approached to play ‘Lt. Cdr. Steve ‘Old Man’ Colton’ in Robert’s new single player game, he claims he didn’t even have to read the script to know it would be good. He was there from the moment the game was announced.
This must have helped to some extent. Whilst Hamill alone in any game would be a coup, the casting for Squadron 42 just gets better and better!
- Gary Oldman (Darkest Hour, Dark Knight, The Fifth Element, Bram Stroker’s Dracula) plays Admiral Ernst Bishop.
- Gillian Anderson (The X-Files, The Fall, American Gods) has been cast as Captain MacLaren
- Mark Strong (Kingsman: The Secret Service, Sherlock Holmes) voices Captain Thomas Wade
- John Rhys-Davies (Lord of the Rings) plays Randall Graves.
- Andy Serkis (The Lord of the Rings, Rise of the Planet of the Apes), and probably the biggest name in motion capture technology has been cast as Thul’Óqquray, an alien character who speaks in a fictional language created for Star Citizen.
- Liam Cunningham (Game of Thrones) plays Captain Noah White
We haven’t yet been told how big each role will be, but one can assume that casting such huge household names to take part in a game of this size would mean that their parts are substantial.
There are numerous other well-known names cast. At the time of writing, the IMDB ‘main cast’ list sits at twenty-five people, with ‘Other Cast’ sitting at sixty-one people and rumored to be over one hundred!